Why is the Chromecast icon not appearing?
Make sure the Chrome browser is up to date. Make sure your laptop/computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device. The Cast button is in the overflow area. If you have multiple extensions on your browser, the Cast button may be shown in the button overflow area.
Why is Chromecast icon not showing?
Reboot your Chromecast, unplug the power from the mains, wait ten seconds and plug it in again. If the icon still hasn't appeared, completely reset your Chromecast and then reconnect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
How do I turn on the Chromecast icon?
Adding the Cast button to the Chrome toolbar
- In the top-right corner of the Chrome browser, click the Chrome settings menu. Cast…
- The Cast button. will temporarily appear in your toolbar. To keep it there permanently, right-click on the Cast button. and click Always show icon.
Why is the Chromecast icon not appearing on my iPhone?
Close the YouTube app, then re-open it and try again. Turn off your iPhone, wait about 30 seconds, the turn it on and try again. Power reset your TV by unplugging it's power cord, wait about a minutes, plug it back in, then turn it on and try again.
Why can't I cast to my TV from my iPhone?
Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.
FIX! YouTube Not Showing Cast Icon
How do I get the cast icon on my iPhone?
Swipe down on your iPhone to open Control Center. Then tap on the little picture-in-picture looking icon, which is located next to the screen lock button. When the list of devices opens, tap the one you want to cast to. Input any passcode if you're prompted and then that's it!
Why can I no longer cast to my TV?
Make sure you are running the latest version of the Chromecast-enabled app. Check the connection between your TV and the Wi Fi connection. Make sure the device you'll be using to cast is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast. Check that the TV is on the correct input setting (if applicable).
Why is the Chromecast icon not appearing on YouTube?
If your smartphone or computer cannot detect a nearby cast device — perhaps because it is in use by another device — the cast button/icon might not appear in the YouTube player. In this case, make sure the cast device is properly set up and near your PC.
Why is Chromecast not working?
When your Chromecast isn't working, the first thing you should try is rebooting the device. The easiest way to do this is the tried and true method of unplugging it, waiting for a minute or so, then plugging it back in. Give it a few minutes to start up, then try casting to your Chromecast again.
What happened Chromecast app?
The Google Cast app is now called 'Google Home'
Why wont my phone Let me cast to my TV?
If you're having trouble casting video using Chromecast built-in (formerly Google Cast) functionality to your Android TV, make sure you're using the current version of the Google Cast Receiver. For best results, make sure your Google Cast Receiver is updated to version 1.33 or higher.
How do I Chromecast from my phone?
How to Chromecast from Android device
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the Account tab.
- Scroll down and tap Mirror device.
- Tap Cast Screen/Audio. To successfully use this feature, you need to turn on the “microphone” permission in the Google Play Services app.
- Finally, choose your Chromecast device. You're done!
How do I reboot Chromecast?
Chromecast with Google TV
- Using your Chromecast Voice Remote, in the upper right of your TV screen, select your profile. Settings .
- Select System Restart. Restart.
How do I cast my iPhone to my TV using Chromecast?
Here's how to cast iPhone to TV:
- Open YouTube or another app you wish to stream from.
- Find the video you wish to cast.
- Tap the cast icon. In most apps, if you don't see the icon, you can tap on the video to make it appear.
- Select your Chromecast device.
- The video will begin playing on your TV.
Why is the Chromecast icon not appearing on my iPad?
Scroll down to the Devices section and look for your Chromecast. If your Chromecast is listed, it is on the same network as your Android. If your Chromecast isn't listed, it may be connected to a different network than your Android. Visit the Google support website for help switching networks.
How can I cast from my phone to my TV without chromecast?
Firstly, turn the cast on your Android phone on. Then, on your Fire TV, go to Settings > Display & Sounds and enable display mirroring. The Fire TV will start searching for nearby devices. Finally, tap on your phone model to mirror it to Amazon Fire TV stick.
How do I wirelessly connect my iPhone to my TV?
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac. ...
- Open Control Center: ...
- Tap Screen Mirroring .
- Select your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac from the list.
Where is the casting icon on iPad?
on your iPad and start a show. In the top left corner, you will see the Chromecast icon. Tap the Chromecast icon and select your Chromecast device to start your casting journey.